Under this programme, we aim at providing education to the children through our own Education centres.
The syllabus prescribed by the government education board is being used in the classes from 1 to 5. But for playgroup, nursery and KG children, in-house syllabus is being used. Learning through Activities is the main focus for these children.
- Project type - Non-Formal Education Centers.
- Primary Focus - Children from slums and street.
- Secondary Focus - Remedial education
- Area - Urban.
- Number of Children - 260
- Student/Teacher Ratio - 35:1
Thus the Astha Kiran non-formal education provides education opportunity to 260 children and operates in the following centres in Lucknow.
- Indira Nagar – Spring Dale School.
- Vikas Nagar – Ring Road.
- Batha Village.
- Charbagh Railway Station. (Operations suspended temporarily)
Helping children develop the qualities of kindness, compassion and universal responsibilities.
Shiksha Jyoti receives no funding from government or other donor agencies .It is centre completely run by contribution by Kind, Philanthropy people, which includes individuals, social clubs and groups.